“Umbral”, an exhibition project for the metro
An artistic intercession about human rights, immigration, asylum and integration.
“Umbral”, is an exhibition project that addresses the issues of human rights, immigration, asylum and integration. It consists of an artistic initiative spread over thirteen metro stations, inviting us to reflect and understand the inequalities experienced by the millions of people who find themselves obliged to migrate.
The opening date of the project coincides with the scheduling of the international conference “Cities for Rights” in Barcelona.
There will also be activities aimed at spreading the word, teaching and raising the general public’s awareness about migrants and refugees. An intrinsic part of the project is the production of a publication that will serve as a catalog about the exhibition as well a providing a map of the metro stations exhibiting the pieces of art.
More information on the Barcelona City Council website.
Which stations will be exhibiting pieces from the project?
- The Smuggler, 2006 and Les Marocains, 2010-2011 (Yto Barrada and Leila Alaoui), at Urquinaona.
- The List (Bannu Cenetoglui and La llista obligada), at Passeig de Gràcia.
- Open the gates, 2018 (Ramon Esono), at Diagonal.
- ¿Este mundo es nuestra patria? (Daniel G. Andújar), at Sants Estació.
- Collage, 2018 (Eulàlia Grau), at Maria Cristina.
- View from Above, 2018 (Hiwa K.), at Drassanes
- Golden Visa, 2018 (Rogelio Perez Cuenca and Elo Vega), at Espanya.
- Two interventions about the Simón Bolívar International Bridge: Carretilleras and La entrega, 2018 (Teresa Margolles), atArc de Triomf.
- untitled, 2018 (Estefanía Peñafiel), at Ciutadella - Vila Olímpica.
- On the Wall about the Walls, 2011 (Dan Perjovschi), at Mundet.
- Frontera Sur (Exhibit 11), at Guinardó - Hospital de Sant Pau.
- Sueños refugiados (Exhibit 12), at Fabra i Puig.
- Un regalo para Kushbu, Historias que cruzan fronteras (Exhibit 13), at Fabra i Puig.