The Subtravelling Festival is back!
Take part with your short film until 28 October!
Make a short film and participate in the tenth edition of Subtravelling, the TMB International Short Film Festival, until 28 October. You can win a trip to Seoul (Korea) or New York!
Subtravelling, the 10th TMB International Short Film Festival
The festival is divided into three parts:
- Filming on TMB: until 28 October. Create your short film using TMB premises, transport or locations as your backdrop: metro, bus, Montjuïc Funicular, Telefèric de Montjuïc cable car or the Barcelona Bus Turístic.
- The Exhibition: from 29 October to 18 November. Enjoy the films taking part and 20 further selected international short films.
- Voting: by voting for your favourite short films, you can win a fantastic trip!
The closing awards ceremony will take place at the end of November.
Filming on TMB
- There is a free choice of subject matter but some forms of TMB transport must appear.
- The maximum duration is 3 minutes (including credits).
- Dialogue must be in Spanish or Catalan. If it is in English or another language the film must be subtitled.
- Each participant may enter more than one hitherto unreleased short film.
- Bear in mind image rights when making the short film.
Conditions of filming on TMB premises:
- A validated ticket is required to access the premises or transport.
- It is not permitted to use tripods, boom microphones or any other item that may interfere with passenger movement.
- The film crew present on the premises must consist of a maximum of four people.
- Filming cannot be done in the rush hour (from 07:00 to 10:00 and from 16:00 to 18:00).
- It is important to follow the instructions of TMB staff at all times.
You will soon be able to consult the legal bases on the Subtravelling website.
- First prize for the best short film: trip for two people and five nights at a hotel in Seoul (Korea), to attend the SMIFF festival including an exclusive showing of the winning short film.
- Second prize for the best short film: all-inclusive five-day trip to New York for two people.
Keep checking the Subtravelling website where there will soon be more information.
From October to November, the participating short films and an international selection of 20 short films can be seen on the festival's website and on MouTV screens on platforms, on board metro trains and on buses.
Vote for the participants in Filming on TMB and The Exhibition from 29 October and you could win a trip to London including five nights at a hotel courtesy of the Disney film Aladdin.
What is Subtravelling?
Subtravelling is the name given to the International Short Film Festival organised by the TMB Foundation as part of the TMB Culture programme.
The festival is groundbreaking, owing to its innovative features, as it brings the short film genre to transport networks. It also enables new audiovisual creators to demonstrate their personality, by shooting a short film against the backdrop of the Metro, Bus and Funicular networks and spaces.
Since 2016, the Subtravelling Festival has been associated with the Seoul Metro International Subway Film Festival (SMIFF). They are the only two short film festivals in the world where the metro, and public transport in general, take centre stage.