Aclo 410 bus
Historic double-decker bus used in the city for two decades.
- Registration no.: B-78527
- Make: ACLO REGENT III
- Manufacturer: AEC (England)
- Bodywork: Carde & Escoriaza (Zaragoza)
- Model: 401-455 and 475-499 series
- Brought into service: 1949
- Withdrawn: 1965
- Reconstruction: 1978 (restored and exhibited at "Expomòbil 78"). From 1979 to 1988 it ran on a special service for tourists, the “Zoobus”.
- Withdrawn: 1989 (finally withdrawn). 1996 (moved to the Museum in Castellar de n'Hug)
- Recovered by TMB: 2006 (became the property of TMB again)
- Restored: 2010 by the company Sesrovirenca de Reparacions i Recuperacions (Sant Esteve de Sesrovires).
Built by the English firm ACLO (AEC) in 1948, it is a double-decker bus whose bodywork was produced in the workshops of the Carde y Escoriaza company in Zaragoza. It belongs to the first batch of 50 vehicles in the 400 series. It was registered on 23 April 1949 and provided service on most lines in the city. Originally they were red and cream and later, in the 1960s, the colour was changed to blue.
The 410 bus was withdrawn in 1965 and was stored for years at the depot. In 1978 it was restored and was exhibited at the Expomòbil motor show. From 1979 to 1988 it ran on a special service for tourists, the “Zoobus”, between Plaça de Catalunya and the Zoo. In 1989, as it needed to be restored for a second time, it was again withdrawn from service. In 1996 it was taken to the Museum in Castellar de n'Hug, where it remained until 2006. Three years later, when it had become the property of TMB again, a thorough restoration was carried out in Sant Esteve Sesrovires, ending in December 2010.