Dodge Brothers 240 bus (CGA 265)
Built in the United States as a lorry and transformed for passenger transport in Catalonia.
- Registration no.: B-68896
- Make: Dodge Brothers
- Bodywork: Majoral
- Model: Dodge 240
- Brought into service: 1940
- Reconditioned: 2008 (painted red and cream, with the initials CGA and no. 265)
- Taken out of service: 1980
- Withdrawn: 1995 (purchased by the Catalan Transport Museum Foundation)
- Recovered by TMB: 2006 (became the property of TMB)
This vehicle (model 240) was built by Dodge Brothers, in the United States, in 1935. It began life as a lorry. It arrived in Spain in 1936, probably acquired by Franco's troops. After the Civil War, its bodywork was remodelled in Igualada (Barcelona) by Carrosseries Majoral and it was registered as a passenger vehicle on 19 October 1940. It was then used to carry the employees of the Cal Font textile factory in Igualada, until 1980. This vehicle is very typical of those used in Catalonia from the 1930s onwards.
When the company went bankrupt, the bus was kept inside the factory and was later preserved by a group of private individuals in Igualada. In 1995, it was purchased by the Catalan Transport Museum Foundation (Castellar de n'Hug), who subsequently restored it. It was used in the film "Soldados de Salamina", and has appeared in some television series. In 2006, after the Museum was closed, it became the property of TMB. In 2008 it was repainted with TMB's corporate colours, red and cream, and with the logos of the Compañía General de Autobuses (CGA), so that it could be added to the 260 series belonging to the company. It has been assigned number plate 265.