MAN SD 200 bus (BBT no. 2011)
Historic sightseeing bus
Registration no.: 8902 BWC
- Make: MAN
- Bodywork: Sercar (Zaragoza)
- Model: SD 200 -2000-2012 series
- Date of 1st registration: 07/12/1981
- Reconstruction: 2002 (modified, the number of seats was increased and the original registration, M-0107-ZN, was changed to the current one)
- Withdrawn from TMB service: 2006. This bus became part of the TMB Foundation’s historical vehicle collection.
- Restored: 2012. By the MAN company (Parets del Vallés), to mark the 25th anniversary of the BBT line.
The 2000 series comprises single- and double-decker open-top buses, intended for the Barcelona Bus Turístic service. These vehicles were purchased from the Berlin municipal transport company, where they were registered from 1982 to 1983. Originally the top was covered and the buses were brown and blue. The Sercar company remodelled them and gave them their final appearance. They could carry a total of 81 passengers (all seated).
On 3 October 1996 the first two buses in this series were presented to the public in Plaça de Catalunya. In 2005, when they had been used in Barcelona for almost nine years, the oldest vehicles were taken out of service. Finally, in 2006, their use was discontinued and this vehicle (BBT no. 2011) went on to become part of TMB’s historical and cultural heritage. In 2012, on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the Barcelona Bus Turístic service, the MAN company undertook its restoration and the TMB Foundation entered it for the 3rd International Classic Bus Rally.