What is the TMB Foundation?
A non-profit organisation that fosters TMB values beyond public transport services.
The TMB Foundation was constituted in 2010. Since then it has ensured the conservation and dissemination of TMB’s historic and cultural heritage, while promoting social action that foster inclusion, accessibility, sustainability, cooperation, solidarity and the values of public transport as a sustainable option.
The trustees of the foundation are the three companies that make up TMB: Ferrocarril Metropolità de Barcelona, Transports de Barcelona and Projectes i Serveis de Mobilitat, along with Fundació ECOM and the Fundació ONCE, two organisations that represent the world of disability and reinforce its social profile.
Contact us at: email@example.com.
- To conserve documentary and historic holdings and historical, cultural and social heritage.
- To promote public transport.
- To foster the integration of disadvantaged groups.
- To promote aspects linked to the vision and mission of TMB that provide public transport with added value: culture, environment, cooperation, solidarity, research.
- We recover, inventory, conserve and protect TMB’s historical and cultural assets while conserving, maintaining and adding to the holdings of the TMB archive.
- We promote the culture of mobility by organising cultural activities.
- We foster research with studies on the environmental improvement of public transport for safe, sustainable mobility and we make the social and economic benefits visible.
- We promote the structuring and strengthening role of collective urban transport by organising work meetings, courses, seminars, congresses, etc.
- We promote specific training programmes in public transport, we create and award grants and funding for research and award prizes.
- We manage the shipping and delivery of donations through collaboration agreements and contracts.
- We publish texts and books on the objectives and purpose of the foundation.
- We advertise our activities and those of collaborating organisations.
The TMB Foundation falls within Catalan Law 4/2008, of 24 April. Its board of trustees is made up of the following people and entities:
- Chair: Maria Rosa Alarcón Montañés
- Vice Chair: Gerardo Lertxundi Albéniz
- Non-trustee secretary: Oriol Sagarra Alonso
- ECOM Private Foundation, represented by Montserrat García Blasco
- ONCE Foundation, represented by Enric Botí Castro de la Peña
- Projectes i Serveis de Mobilitat, SA, represented by Montserrat Pérez Adrián
- Joaquim Balsera García
- Santiago Torres Sierra (director of the TMB Foundation)
- Dolores Bravo González